To make an appointment for yourself or a family member or friend, book an appointment online, call PsyAx on 1300 455 677 or visit the contact us page for more options.
Health & Legal Professionals
If you are a health or legal professional, you can:
If you wish to discuss a potential referral, please call PsyAx during business hours on 1300 455 677.
A PsyAx neuropsychologist can provide answers to many types of referral questions. Example questions are given below.
- Do I have a brain injury?
- How soon can I go back to work after my stroke?
- Does my client have a brain injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident?
- Does my client have an intellectual disability?
- Does my 90 year-old client have the legal capacity to change her will?
- What's happened to my brain after the encephalitis?
- Is my client eligible for the disability support pension?
- Does my client have the capacity to instruct a solicitor and participate in legal proceedings?
- Am I safe to go back to driving after my brain injury?
- Do I have Alzheimer's?
- Do I have any cognitive deficits? If so, what can I do about them?
- What is the cause of my client's memory problems?
- Can you do an assessment to see if have Asperger's?
- What can I do about my memory problems?
- I'm really worried I might be developing a dementia. What can I do?
- Does my client have a learning disorder?
- I can't relate to people. I think something's wrong. Can you help me?
- I have a high-powered job but I'm worried about cognitive changes. Am I still okay to keep working?
- What are my cognitive strengths and weaknesses?
- I want to go back to study but I've had problems in the past. Can you help me?
- I'm an adult but I think I have ADHD. Can you check?
- I used to be an alcoholic. I'm worried I've done something to my brain. What can I do?
- How can we show that our client's memory difficulties are real and not feigned?
- What's the best way of doing rehabilitation with our client who has an ABI?
- Please review our client to see if there has been a change in his cognitive status.
- Can you help measure my client's cognitive functioning over time to see if there is any change?
- I'm worried my thinking skills aren't what they used to be. Should I be worried?
- Has the medication had an impact on my client's cognitive performance?
- I don't think I need State Trustees to manage my finances any more. Can you help me?
- Can you please obtain a cognitive baseline as a reference point for future comparison?
- Can you give us some advice on how best to work with our client who has an alcohol related brain injury?
- Are my client's difficulties mainly psychological or is there something else going on?
- Can you tell if my client is just faking a bad memory or if he has real difficulties?
- How do I get back to getting on with my life after my stroke?
- Are my client's issues "functional" or "organic"?
- I'm really struggling with mental fatigue after my ABI. What can I do?
- Can you help me improve my memory?
- Can you do an assessment and write a report for me that I can use in court?
Decision Making Capacity Assessments
We conduct assessments of decision making capacity.
In particular, these referrals may review: